Sunday, October 15, 2006

Prelude

I reason why I’m opening this blog is for a good reason. I’m sick, I’m sick of the mainstream media wasting their money and time not doing their jobs: Speaking truth to power. I’m sick of the newspapers that don’t actively cover Maryland politics, even in the city where the newspaper is covered. I’m sick of the fact that in America, the land of the “free”, our people are zombified by the establishment through the so called mainstream media or should we say the corporate media. The real America, the America that grew out of the origins of the Imperial Britannica our teachers, everyday workers, students, pastors,farmers ,union workers, artists, are different from Imperial Americana, the people who control our media, companies, and government. The real America is silenced by corporate media who rather sedate them rather than doing their sacred duty, are left powerless.

Both Democrats and Republicans, especially ones in Maryland are one and the same, joined by the hip. The hip represents the wallet, inside of it is mammon, or money, or in the American sense: the Almighty Dollar ,which they worship more than their God. When they talk about the issues, they talk about working for working families. Which working families is he talking about? Why are they’re not into the real issues: Poverty, environment, agriculture, health care? No, because if they did the American people would be politically self-aware, just like Skynet from the Terminator trilogy. Ironically, if it did happen the end result would be a better society, rather than a nuclear apocalypse. In short: Republicrats are all rhetoric, no action.

Instead of complaining to myself and thinking of innovate things to resolve this crisis, I’ll do something about it, by bogging. I’ve give imperial Americana something to fear about in all levels of the establishment: The truth the reality. I’ll feature stories that the Maryland newspapers and TV stations will never cover or they’ll simply omit. I’ll bring real investigative journalism to every story I cover, which includes the University of Maryland, the university where I’m learning at. (I’m looking at you The Diamondback) Even on crime stories, I’ll investigate the causes and the details behind it.

I like to call this section “News the Conservative-Controlled Media does not want you to neither see nor hear”.

The best part of the blog will be The Modern Day Prophecies. These are the meat of my blog, where you’ll get my commentaries on almost everything, but mostly on topics related to politics. The reason why I titled these commentaries like that is that in order to prophesize the future, you must study the past.. Since the topics I talk come root in history. As we say in order to predict the based on the present future you must research history.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. And history has been repeated over and over (especially in America.)

But everything will not be serious.

Real Bible Study

Every Sunday you’ll read an actual sermon of not only the Christian Bible, but the Jewish Bible, and the Quran. Only thing is that it deals with the context and history and reading the entire chapters.

UMD Daily Life

These postings would be about my life as a Terp, as told through pictures and the word of the Prophet.

Photo Gallery

I take a lot of photos; you’ll see them in these postings. Did I mention I post videos too? They have action, mundane stuff, garden-variety, and interesting stuff.

The Vast Wasteland

The Vast Wasteland is a about the growing vast, toxic wasteland of so called main-stream media, trashy PG-13 films, and mind-numbing television and radio. It’ll also include public broadcasting because public broadcasting is just like commercial broadcasting: just trade in 18-34 year olds with under 10’s, senior citizens, and AWASPs

(Note: AWASPs stand for Affluent White Anglo-Saxon Protestants; you’re going to see this acronym a whole lot)

Subways, and Buses, and Bikes

When I was a teenager, I used to search endlessly for information about subways and trams and public transport. I also ridden on bicycles before, but often for ridding around the block and often they eventually get a flat tire. These post would be about all things public transport and bicycling. And those who oppose real choice like the money greedy Highway lobby.

Bookhunter

I love books, this is my post about books I’ve used to read or books/magazines I’m currently reading

Adventures in Video Gaming

Yes, I do play video games, not a much I’m gradually getting to the point where I have a balanced gaming life. These posts would consists about video gaming and my adventures in Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II , Final Fantasy XI , Halo 2, Second Life, and There

The Black Otaku

I love anime, but often times I don’t have the money or the time to complete anime collections. But that will not stop me for posting about anime from a Negro perspective.

If you’re curious, yes, I’m African-American. But I’m not your stereotypical gangsta rapper, Pentecostal, misogynic, macho-shit, sport addicted Negro. I listen to other music other than hip-hop and rap, anything except country, gospel and Christian. I do not watch BET, since it’s controlled by AWASPs; I read a lot of books and magazines. I seem to be the only Black American to read and understand the Christian Bible. Oh and did I mention I’m a UMD Terp

And if you think that this blog is just a joke, I consider this week a soft launch. The real stuff begins next week.

The Modern Day Prophet has spoken.

No comments: