Friday, December 29, 2006

GUNz the Perspective

I heard about a game called GUNz the Duel for a while. I reseached the game on Wikipedia and it's a Korean Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter (MMOS) or MMO Third Person Shooter, with a RPG twist. (South Koreans, they seem to know how to make PC Games)

For the record, I hate PC gaming for two reasons:
  1. Keyboard and mouse controls. I have been using game consoles since the NES. Using a keyboard and mouse to me is awkward since you're not using a controller you're seems to be actively use your hands alot. A whole lot. Not to mention that in many games there can be more than 15 or 30 keyboard buttons that can be used for a PC game, while a controller has a small amount of buttons to use.
  2. Mininum requirements. This is what turned me off to PC gaming. It's a long story, but sometimes when you install a PC game, it may not even run or run slowly.
But I can safely say that GUNz is one of the good games I've played this year. The controls are simple to use, if you've played a first person shooter before. Not to mention the acrobatics the players perform.

If you want to try it for yourself, you can download it on ijji, you have to register but it's free. Not to mention it has plenty of games that I did not have a chance to play yet.

I'll write more about the game and may post a few videos of me playing it soon. But if you see a Jkid wielding two submachine guns, say "hi" for me.

No comments: