Wednesday, February 21, 2007

UMD Life

Here's a funny story I must tell you. Last friday,
I went into Hornbake out of interest to see what they have on their Dial
Access schedule. I looked at the board and discovered that their we were
supposed to be in Room J at 12pm-1pm. At first, it did not make any
sense, but I waited for that time, hopefully the class were to arrive.
But they didn't.

I asked the library staff is Prof. Nickols going a arrive here. They
told me he didn't came to the early 10am-11am session either. I thought
I made a big mistake, iso ran off to the LeFrak building. I was ten
minutes late, the class was still there...without Nickol. Either he was
playing a joke or he canceled class.

Note at the time I did not check my email.

I told the class what is going on. They would not believe me at first,
but they went along. When we got there, Nickols was not there either.
Did I mention there was a film in room J? We watch some 45 minutes of
the film before the class dismissed themselves. It was a nice film

two days ago, I was prepared to take full responsiblity of friday's
incident. Yet Nickols took the responsiblity himself say to the class
that he was out of town on short notice, his internet was down. Thus he
could not email the class that class was canceled.

That's the punch line. But we got on with the class, business as usual

No comments: